Ok, I just can’t control myself…. I had to do this post before the one I originally planned….that one will have to wait for tomorrow 🙂 – It was a spur of the moment, as I have been thinking about how I could make the best ever chocolate chip cookies without having to compromise on flavor and add one single nut.
I made the cookie dough I had envisioned and it was amazing! The final test is always when they come out of the dehydrator and the kids try them :). It literally took me 5 min. to make the dough, and another 5 min. to roll and flatten into cookies…. the dehydration is always the part that takes the longest, but the good thing is you never have to wait until something is “baked” as dehydrated treats can be eaten at any time – it’s just about texture if you ask me!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Soy-free and filled with love & happiness! You can make these raw (from oat groats and with home-made chocolate chip cookies) or high raw with organic thick raw oats and vegan (store bought chocolate chips)…the choice is yours!
These cookies are kid testet – score is 10/10 🙂
- 1 cup organic oat flour (Add oats or oat groats to a high speed blender)
- 2 cups organic oats or oat groats
- 1 cup organic sunflower butter
- 1/2 organic raw agave
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- Vegan or raw chocolate chips (home made)
- Make the oat flour in a high speed blender (I used a Vitamix)
- Add in all the ingredients, except the coconut oil – mix well
- Add the coconut oil (mine was still a little hard, which was ok)
- Transfer the cookie dough to a bowl and mix in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or use your hands
- Use an ice cream scoop or eye measurement to make little dough balls – flatten and place on a Teflex dehydrator sheet
- Dehydrate at 145F for 1 hour and then another 24-36 hours at 105F-118F
The cookies will be warm and soft when taken out of the dehydrator and are best eaten when just made.
Serve with a chilled glass of almond mylk and closed eyes for a great experience! 🙂