This bread is one of my favorite breads. I made it with all the gluten and nut allergies in mind.
Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free, Nut-free, Soy-Free, Corn-Free, Contain Oats*
And for those who are not sure: vegan = no dairy
* The oats can be replaced by buckwheat groats (different texture)
- 1 mango
- 3 large carrots
- 1 cup oat groats, soaked
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup flax seeds, ground
- 1 cup sesame seeds, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
- Add the ground flax and sesame seeds to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. add a little water if too thick.
- Add the sesame and flax seeds to the mixture and blend in
- Spread out the dough on a Teflex sheet on a dehydrator tray – spread evenly and not too thick – about a 1/4 inch/0.6 cm
- Dehydrate at 145F for 1 hour
- Dehydrate another 4 hours at 105F – 118F – flip over and dehydrate another 10-12 hours or until the bread is dry, but still soft and flexible.
- Cut into the sizes and shapes you like
Dehydration times are always estimated, as the quality of the food, inside temperatures, moisture in the air and your brand of dehydrator influence the dehydration times. there are also individual beliefs about dehydration temperatures ranging from 105F – 118F, so it gives you a choice.